Anthem has three new communities, nestled next to Big Lake, a 21.4 Kilometres squared lake in Northwest Edmonton. Interconnected through the new homes, streets, and forests of Hawks Ridge, Kinglet and Trumpeter, lies a mixture of paved walking paths and natural gravel trails that stretches over 15 kilometres in distance.
Stepping onto the trails is a refreshing way to connect with yourself and others. Say hello to the local birds and socially distanced wildlife on your morning runs or give a friendly wave and smile to your neighbours on your evening strolls with your furry family members. Whether your activity of choice is running with your dog, going for a stroll with your children, biking at sunrise or hiking at sunset, the Big Lake trail system is here to enjoy at your leisure.
To download the Big Lake Trail Map click here
More Amenities to Boost Your Active Lifestyle
Living in a new home community that is nestled among nature, has extra benefits when it’s surrounded by amenities that help you focus on your health and well-being. Just minutes away are many opportunities for you to satisfy your desire to stay healthy, whatever that looks like for you. On top of biking, hiking, running and walking in your neighbourhood, check out the other amenities nearby that can help you speed up your heart rate.
• Glendale Golf Course (two min. away)
• Big Lake offers excellent Kayaking (five min. away)
• Lois Hole Provincial Park offers adventurous hiking and bird watching (five min. away)
• Servus Credit Union Place Recreation Centre (15 min. away in St. Albert)
• Tri-Leisure Recreation Centre (15 min. away in Spruce Grove)
• Jump N Play (seven min. away)
• Grand Trunk Off-leash Dog Park (15 min. away)